GET THE OLD BEAST OUT OF THE BARN...
The Williamson Driftriders are sponsoring a "New
and Old Family Fun Ride" on January 18th, 2004.
The "new and old" is for the sleds, not the riders :)
This will be a great day of riding and more!
This is NOT a race, it's NOT a poker run, it's a chance to get everybody
out on the trails for some fun.
Vintage sleds are particularly encouraged, but ALL years are welcome. Dust off
that old machine and bring it to the ride!
- Registration is from 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Prizes announced at around 4:00pm
- $5.00 registration fee gets you a hand of cards (see the rules
below) Hot dogs, coffee,
Hot Cocoa, and Cookies!
- Prizes, including top five points finishers, Oldest sled to finish the
run, and door prizes!
- And a whole lot of fun!
All sleds must obtain a "hand" by paying $5.00 entry fee, you may enter as many
times as you wish.
- The run will start at Cinelli's, go out to Fisher Rd and come back.
- Points will be the total from a five card "hand" (this is NOT a poker
run!). Cards are obtained along the run.
- Aces are worth 1, Jacks are 11, Queens 12, and King's 13.
- Extra points will be awarded to older sleds as follows
- 1969 and older, 10 extra points
- 1970 - 75 5 extra points
- 1975 - 80 3 extra points
So the older the sled, the better
your chances of winning.
- The oldest sled to finish the complete run will win a special prize!
- You DO NOT need to finish the run to win! Your cards will
collected and totaled
if you do not complete the ride.
- The Driftriders will provide "rescue Teams" for those who break
- For those who don't kow the section of trail, "ride leaders" will be
taking groups out
at certain time of the run.
As ALWAYS, we are looking for club members
to volunteer to help out. This will be a relaxed fun event, so there's no pressure! Contact Jack Moore at 315.589.2536, Lorry Dean at 315.589.2881 or John Faulks at email@example.com. to volunteer to help out!
Dealers - retailers, we are looking for prize donations, use the above contacts to donate!